Friday 24 May 2013

IN FOR A TREAT MAC PEARLMATTE FACE POWDER FROM THE BAKING BEAUTIES COLLECTION

The other day, when needing a pick me up I obviously went on a massive splurge on Mac and spent way more money than I have. When the Baking Beauties collection came out in Mac I was completely sold by the pretty muted shades and gorgeous products. This is In For A Treat, a pretty named Pearlmatte Face Powder. You can look at the Mac Archie's Girls Veronica's Pearlmatte Blush here, which is slightly more pale and pink toned in comparison to this. I was first captured by the pretty floral print on the pan. Yes I am guilty of buying things because they're pretty! They do two Pearlmatte Face Powders in the Baking Beauties collection, this one and Pink Buttercream. Personally I preferred how that Pink Buttercream looked, but its virtually the same as the Veronica's Blush. A Pearlmatte Face Powder is very subtle on the cheeks, and to some users barely noticeable. It adds a very natural glow and brightens up the face without it being too much. Personally I think Mac have aced the natural glow with this product, but the reviews have been very varied.
Because of my pale complexion and near to matte skin, most products show up on my skin. It leaves a pretty light beige/champagne hue on my cheeks when applied, with a pretty soft shimmery sheen. It's so easy to apply, but it's possible to over do the shimmer, so I advise to apply it softly and build up, instead of bunging a load on the brush! It shows up really nicely on my skin, and I really love using it. It doesn't give much colour to my cheeks, so I do have to use this along side another blusher.
The floral print on the pan is so pretty and delicate - I almost didn't want to use it! The flower in the middle continues throughout use, but the white around the edges is just on the top layer, adding a little more highlight that's really noticeable. I wish they'd kept the white throughout the pan. For anyone who is scared, the green has hardly any pigmentation and makes no difference on the blush as a whole.
Grab your cute and good enough to eat Pearlmatte Powder from Mac for £21.50, you'll be in for a treat! 
Swatched.
Blended.





24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so pretty!! I don't want to use it! Haha! x

      Delete
  2. I’ve never splurged on Mac before but have always wanted to treat myself to some good quality products.

    I bet your look lovely wearing it. I buy things because they’re pretty too! Great post! :D xxxx

    Helen @
    http://helensfashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D I'm so guilty of buying pretty things..! I've never had a good splurge on Mac until the other day - I'm so bad! xxx

      Delete
  3. WOW. That looks so pretty. I would be afraid to use it!

    thebeautyproject-x.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't want to use it! Haha! xxx

      Delete
  4. Ahh it's soooo pretty, I'm a sucker for pretty products too.

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to! Haha! :D And yes, it's so pretty! xxx

      Delete
  5. This is just so pretty, love it xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so so pretty! I don't think I'd ever want to use it if I bought it!

    Becky @ thelittleblogofbeauty.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I buy things because they're pretty too, I just can't help myself ahaa x
    http://hollieappleby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love MAC products.;-)
    I really like you blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love how cute this looks. I saw it at my local MAC counter, but didn't know whether to buy it or not, but after reading this, i may have to take the plunge. :)

    Your latest follower, Lauren x
    http://laurelbay-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's worth it, I love mine! It's just too pretty! xx

      Delete
  10. The presentation of this is so cute, I love the design :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, may have been one of the reasons why I bought it! Haha! x

      Delete
  11. how pretty! i'm addicted to highlighters :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥