Monday 8 April 2013

MAC ARCHIE'S GIRLS VERONICA'S BLUSH PEARLMATTE FACE POWDER REVIEW AND SWATCH

If you've read many posts on my blog you'll know that I've been loving Mac's Archie's Girls collection, and I've got a few bits from it. I've reviewed so far the Cream Soda blusherRonnie Red lipstick and I have yet to swatch Magic Spells pigment and Caramel Sundae Eyeshadow Palette. Now I'm reviewing one of two Pearlmatte Face Powders in Veronica's Blush, the other one is from the Betty side of the collection and is named Flatter Me, which I wished I'd picked up too! Veronica's Blush was hard to photograph due to it's subtly and shimmer.
Firstly, the packaging is to die for. The iconic Archie's Girls white packaging and logo looks so cute, and to make things cuter the pan matches the packaging, with 3 larger pink hearts! The product itself has been a hit and miss for a lot of bloggers, and for me it's been a big hit. I think it depends on what you'd use it for and the colour skin you have. The main colour to this palette is a soft pink. Swatched by itself it has a gorgeous cream shimmer with pink tones to it as you can see below. I love this as a highlighter and usually use a brush, or my fingers, to apply this part under my brow bone or in the corner of my eyes, or even above my cheek bones. The pink hearts has little pigment as you can see below. On its own it almost has no colour, but as you can see in the final swatch it does have an impact when used as a whole. As a whole I can't really use it with any other blush as it gives my cheeks pink tint. I'll either use all the colours as a wash on the cheeks, or I'll use the pale pink as a high lighter above my blusher. This Pearlmatte Face Powder gives my cheeks a lovely glow and has lots of shimmer. I've noticed on some blogs that it doesn't show up, but on my pale complexion it looks really lovely. It catches the light effortlessly, and gives my skin a natural looking sheen. I can either use it subtly, or build up the colour. I picked this up at my Colchester Mac store, but I've seen it in some stores across England this week so you can still pick yours up before the sell out.
Sold out online, so get it from your nearest Mac store for a £21.50 for 6g if they have it available.

What do you think of the collection?
Do you like this Pearlmatte Face Powder?
What do you think?
And did you purchase anything?
I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks for reading, beautiful!

 The main light pink swatched and the pink hearts swatched.
Product as a whole, completely mixed.



24 comments:

  1. I think it looks absolutely stunning, love it!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous isn't it!! :) Looks so pretty! xx

      Delete
  2. It looks reaslly like the physicians formula happy booster blush, looks really nice! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take a look and see! :) Thanks for the comment! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love and want this xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stunning isn't it!! :) I can't stop looking at it! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. This blush is so cute. I'd only buy for the hearts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blush is absolutely adorable! I'm so jealous!

    katsick.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cute that I didn't want to use it! But even after a few weeks of everyday use the hearts are still going strong! xx

      Delete
  6. the presentation of this palette is so gorgeous - i love the hearts! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blush is adorable! The packaging is gorgeous! My local MAC still stock it, may have to cave and buy it! x

    amyslittlecorneroftheearth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sooo happy I picked it up! :D A lot of people love it, and a lot of people regret buying it - Totally swatch it first - I think it's gorgeous! :) xx

      Delete
  8. This blush looks so pretty.

    fashion--geek.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so cute! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love! :) Such a girly packaging! :) I love it :) xxx

      Delete
  10. This is adorable! I can't get over how cute the actual packaging is on the inside and the outside. It's a great color also!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! :) Mac have really nailed this for the cute factor! It looks so pretty! :) I'm so happy I picked it up. xxx

      Delete
  11. I love the new archie collection blushes! This one is beautiful! I may have to buy it! www.the--blonde.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want the other one! :) I have a bit of birthday money and I'm so tempted! :) xxx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥