Wednesday 17 April 2013

MAC ARCHIE'S GIRLS CARAMEL SUNDAE PALETTE SWATCH AND REVIEW


I love the Archie's Girls Mac collection and picked up a few pieces from the cute looking range. This adorable palette appropriately named Caramel Sundae has all I need for my everyday looks. In the palette are 4 gorgeous colours. First is a cute light pink named Cheryl Chic. I found that this was rather sheer, but looked lovely on the lids with its frost, shimmery finish. This looks lovely and is a very wearable pink. It's subtle, but can be built for more of an impact. Dreammaker is a gorgeous shimmery warm gold. I love this shade and in the pan it looks so pretty. It's a bright gold which was the same consistency as Cheryl Chic and again is slightly sheer. That aside it looks so pretty and I love using it as a wash of colour on my lids with some mascara. Perfect. Caramel Sundae is a gorgeous warm brown with a satin finish. I do really like this shade and works really well as a crease with Dreammaker on the lids. It's really lovely and soft to apply and needs little on the brush to create colour. Showstopper is a dark matte brown. It doesn't have overly great pigmentation and find that it's very similar to Charcoal Brown by Mac that I usually use for my brows. The only difference is that Showstopper is slightly darker.
Overall I do like this palette and I'll use it for my everyday look. The shade I love most is Dreammaker, but I feel that this palette isn't overly unique and there are many dupes for the colours. However I preferred this palette of the two that Mac released. 
Grab this palette for £38.50 from Selfridges before they sell out. 

What do you think of the colours?
I'd love to hear from you!
Thanks for reading, beautiful!

 L-R, Showstopper, Caramel Sundae, Dreammaker and Cheryl Chic.
 Cheryl Chic
 Caramel Sundae
 Dreammaker
Showstopper

6 comments:

  1. This is my type of palette, the packaging is gorgeous and the colours are so wearable! Great review Hannah!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shades are really great but I don't like the shimmer, would love matte alternatives to those shade though!! :D

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a bit of shimmer - But I love my mattes too!! :) xx

      Delete
  3. i like the pink shade but the rest are a bit boring which is why i didn't get this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the most plain of the two palettes, but is perfect for everyday, natural looks :) x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥