Saturday 9 March 2013

NOTD - MINT GLITTER/MATTE GRADIENT NAILS

If you've read any previous posts you'll know that I am a huge nail art fan and I try to jazz up my nails in the most easiest ways. Today I'm sporting a mint nail with glitter gradient tips topped with a matte coat. I'm a huge fan of glitter and had just bought a matte top coat, so I was intrigued to how they'd work together.
What I used:

  • OPI MERMAIDS TEARS - A creamy, glossy mint colour.
  • OPI SERVIN' UP SPARKLE - A sparkly top coat with little glitter and larger hex glitter that have a holographic shine.
  • RIMMEL 5 IN 1 BASE AND TOP COAT - A shiny clear varnish used for top and bottom coat.
  • RIMMEL MATTE FINISH - A velvety top coat that transforms any polish to a matte finish
How I did it:

  1. First I applied Mermaids Tears. I used 2 coats and then waited to dry.
  2. I then dabbed Servin' Up Sparkle on the tips. I then kept layering, adding a varied amount of glitter to create the gradient effect. I used about 5 coats, and on the last coat made sure I had a few larger hex glitter to create more of a variety. 
  3. I then applied a coat of the Rimmel 5 in 1 base and top coat to even out the surface ready for the matte coat
  4. Lastly I applied 2 coats of the Rimmel Matte Finish varnish.
And that's it! It's pretty simple and took no amount of skills - Just time! I took me an hour while sitting in front of the television to complete both nails as I wanted each coat to be completely dry before applying more. I will be reviewing the Rimmel Matte Coat and 5 in 1 Base and Top Coat very soon!

I'd love to know what you think!
Would you give it a go?
Thanks so much for reading, beautiful!



28 comments:

  1. It's absolutely amazing that you've done this yourself. They look incredible!

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. So pretty aren't they! :D Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  3. They turned out so nice! I have OPI mermaid tears so i may try this tutorial out for myself, thanks!

    brainybeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a lovely colour! Thank you - I'd love to see it if you did! :D Please let me know :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love this, it is so pretty. xxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely, very glitzy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Glitter! Haha! :D Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  6. Mermaid nails! Gorgeous.

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I never saw it as being mermaid-like, but now people keep telling me it is I can see that now! Haha! :) Thanks Megan! xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful :-) xxxxx so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look gorgeous! just like a mermaid tail!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's such a lovely comment!! :D I love that you think it looks like a mermaid tail! :D xx

      Delete
  9. These look amazing. I knew they would! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful nails!! I'm glad you were the blog before me on Sunday Sync!
    Newest GFC follower :)

    paigebrownflute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming across my blog and following - Means a lot! I'm excited to now go and check out your blog. Thanks for the lovely comment :)
      xx

      Delete
  11. This nail look is the prettiest one I've seen in ages! Would totally try it myself x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind! :) So glad you like them - They're so simple to do as well! :) Thank you :)
      xx

      Delete
  12. These are so pretty and look so professional. I love the whole idea of them and it is such a simple idea too! The colour goes perfectly with the glitter aswell. I am so happy that I found your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) What a lovely comment! :) It really is so simple! :D I'm not very steady with my painting so very happy with how they turned out! :D Thanks so much for such a sweet comment! :)
      xx

      Delete
  13. This is so cute, will definitely have to try it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the matte and glitter combo, interesting and original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I wanted to create something a bit quirky - So I hope that I achieved that! Thank you. :)
      xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥