Wednesday 13 February 2013

SPENDING BAN UPDATE 3

It's been 5 weeks and a day since the spending ban started. I must say I've done so well. I've not bought a Mac product since starting this, and it's taken a lot out of me to do so! Again, my loving boyfriend has supported me, and through the tough times like the 50% MUA event, he treated me. When the Urban Decay  Oz palettes came out I knew I was in trouble. As I'm a poor student I have a loan, but that doesn't even cover my rent. The only options I have is to dip into my overdraft. The spending ban has made me realise that my overdraft isn't there for that reason.. Well.. Not for many products anyway! So as I was saying, the Urban Decay palette had me in a dilemma. For weeks I tried to fathom how I was going to afford it and the only option was to slice into my overdraft. The day it was released in my town I was in uni 9-6:30, so there was no way of me going to the make up event and seeing and getting my makeup done. But my best friend did and lovingly flaunted the pictures she took at the event right in my face. Not helping! I then remembered I had a set of Illamasqua make up to take back that had all been broken on its delivery - HOW COULD I FORGET?! 
I'm not going to lie, I pretty much cried happy tears.
I managed to exchange it for a palette! Yay!
So I've actually not bought anything since the last update and I'm very proud. I also won a gorgeous Nails Inc nail polish from the beautiful Ceri, so that stopped me from giving into my nail polish cravings.
So there we have it. A pretty successful week I must say. Although there are some beautiful things I am lusting over!

  • Mac Archie's Girls lipstick in Betty Bright
  • Mac Archie's Girls x4 Eyeshadow Palette in Caramel Sundae
  • OPI Liquid Sand Stay The Night
  • OPI Liquid Sand The Impossible
  • OPI Pink Yet Lavender
  • OPI - All the Oz set which is due to come out any day now! 
  • Sleek Platte in Acid
  • Mac Eyeshadow in Blue Candy - It's gorgeous! Wanted this for months now but never got around to buying it.
  • And after seeing Marvelle's Blog Sale - I need her Mac Lipstick in Summer Shower and Mlle! 

14 comments:

  1. The Betty Bright lipstick looks amazing!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could not agree more!! I need it in my life!! xxx

      Delete
  2. I heard that the liquid sand polishes were awful ! Coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?! Oh no that's so disappointing. They look stunning on the nails! :(

      Delete
    2. Yeah I heard that they felt horrible on the nails took an eternity to dry then chipped like crazy xx

      Delete
    3. That's such a shame :/ I think I may have to try some of them out before I buy them then! :) Thanks for the heads up : )xx

      Delete
  3. Ill always help you out when you need it :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your spending ban! You still manage to get some new beauty products even without spending :D I'm having a giveaway ending this Sunday on my blog if you're interested, more goodies!

    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done pretty well haha!! :) Yeah I was very lucky! :) Will check it out :) xx

      Delete
  5. I really don't think I could do this, so kudos to you!

    http://thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm surprised I've done this well so far! Haha! :)
      xx

      Delete
  6. I find it really hard when i'm on a spending ban, i seem to want to shop even more than when i'm not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know what you mean!! I see so many things I want and cry a little bit inside when I walk out a shop empty handed!! x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥