Friday 8 February 2013

NAILS OF THE DAY - CIATE COLOUR SMASH REVIEW USING VARIOUS VARNISHES

I like fun nails during my days at Uni. As we're allowed no make up, I make sure I make my nails as amazing as I can! I hadn't tried my Ciate Colour Smash varnishes yet (I got a set of the silver, black and white last year on a trip to Northampton) so I decided to try it out. I wasn't sure what colours to use as the base so I used a bunch!
First I applied the base colours and waited to dry, and then painted a generous amount of Ciate Colour Smash in white over the top. Overall I really loved Ciate's take on the crackle effect and they did a great job. See the products I used for making this look. What do you think of crackle effects? What is your favourite crackle effect nail polish? Thanks for reading! I love having a rainbow of glossy colours and these are the ones I selected. We have:

  • Dating A Royal - OPI - A gorgeous deep electric blue inspired by Kate's engagement ring. The formula is great, as I know a lot of OPI's can be hit and miss. It has a long wear too!
  • Fly - OPI - A gorgeous teal colour. This is one of my to go to polishes as it just looks stunning on the nails. This is part of the Nikki Minaj collection.
  • Green With Envy - Sally Hansen - A lovely lime green. It's a dream to apply as it's creamy formula is so easy to work with. It has great wear too.
  • Hampstead Gardens - Nails Inc - A gorgeous brown/yellow which is set to be a 'trend shade'. This was all over the catwalks last autumn and I expect it to make a return! I wasn't huge on the wear of this as I find Nails Inc chip not long after application.
  • Chubby Cheeks - Essie - I love this colour! A gorgeous coral with a pink tone to it. I am completely in love. I think the wear to this is very similar to OPI. However this shade had a better pay off compared with many OPI shades I have.
  • White Ciate Colour Smash. I love this. It has a better wear than a lot of crackle effects as many of them rub off, but this baby stays put. You can get this online from Ebay, Amazon etc, but not from Ciate anymore I'm afraid! Search online for it or outlets, I've seen these in TKmaxx a few times.

16 comments:

  1. These look amazing.You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This effect looks really similar to the Barry M cameleon polishes!

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do quiet like the Barry M ones - For some reason I find they rub off easily! That may just be me though! :D Thanks for the comment :) x

      Delete
  3. They look great ! I have the black crackle but sometime I think it can be a bit much.
    but the white looks amazing.

    if you have the time: lizzie-florence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I don't usually use the crackle colours but hadn't used these ones yet and wanted to give them a whirl! :D
      x

      Delete
  4. Aww this is so cute and pretty! Very bright and bold colours and the white crackles make them so different. Love it!

    Also, I'm having a giveaway on my blog for my followers and would love it you entered as well!
    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! :) I'll check it out :) x

      Delete
  5. How come you're not allowed to wear make-up? At least you can brighten up your nails, they look fab!!

    your blog is beautiful, following asap!

    xxx

    http://bellas-wardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/cosmetics-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do musical theatre and they're strict on what you wear which is a pain!! :D Never mind. I appreciate it more when I go out now! :D
      And thank you so much!!! :D
      x

      Delete
  6. Hello!

    Thanks for co-hosting the blog hop and I'm your newest follower:) I absolutely love your nails, very pretty:) Have a good evening!


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's so kind!! Thank you so much, you're so lovely :)
      Now checking out your blog! :D
      x

      Delete
  7. So fun! I recently got a crackle polish and I'm dying to try it out. I love that you used different colors on each nail! What a fun inspiration for when I try my crackle.

    I just found your blog, and it's so useful and full of pretty things! I'm your newest fan and follower. Let's be blog friends?

    Brooke
    silverliningtheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a heart warming comment. Thank you. :) let me know when you try it out! Thank you so much for your follow and interest, it's always appreciated. :) can't wait to check your lovely blog out. Thanks again my sweet :) x

      Delete
  8. wow! these look amazing! i'm always boring and use the same colour underneath but after seeing these I may try out something simular!:)x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! :D I'm glad I've inspired you in some way, means a lot :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥