Friday 22 February 2013

NAILS OF THE DAY - SPARKLY SPRING NAILS WITH LAST FRIDAY NIGHT OPI AND TEA BIRD BY FILTHY GORGEOUS

I love sparkly nails, so I felt that it was time to bling up my finger tips. I first layered on Tea Bird from Filthy Gorgeous. I am loving their varnishes at the moment, the pigment in those polishes are incredible and hardly need many coats. I'm also in love with it's oh-so-creamy formula too. I need some more of their nail polishes in my life!! You can grab a set of 4 for £19, or individuality for £9 at department stores, online and at Filthy Gorgeous London. The next gorgeous layer I put on my nails to create the magical glitter effect is Last Friday Night by OPI from its stunning Katy Perry collection. I love this shade and it's my to go to glitter top coat. Because of its cool toned clear polish, it can't be layered over a wide range of colours as it gives the colour a violet/blue tint. I tend to pop it over navy, blue, white and other colours a like. There's loads of little specs of glitter and slightly bigger ones, all transparent with gorgeous blue and pink iridescent shimmer. Simply stunning! You can't get this colour currently in stores, but you can pick them up on Ebay and other stores a like. I applied two coats of each colour to create my look. This is perfect for winter, and will even go through to spring as it's a gorgeous twist to the classic pastel nail polish.

What do you think of this look?
What is your favourite OPI colour?
Link me up in the comments to your glittery nail posts!
Thanks for reading,
and thank you for leaving a comment or taking your kind time to follow.
Thank you, beautiful!


18 comments:

  1. I love Katy Perry :) I didn't know she had her own OPI polishes!!! C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She only had 4 colours, but they're all shimmery! :D They're so pretty :) I love Katy Perry too! xx

      Delete
  2. I didnt know she did OPI polishes either, and I love these colours xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! :D Yeah, she did them a while back though! :) Maybe about 2 years ago? :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. This is a really pretty nail look!

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your nails! Oh, by the way, what camera do you use to upload photos? :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! <3 At the moment I'm using my Canon 500D :) But when I'm traveling I use my Nokia Lumia :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Very pretty! I love the Filthy Gorgeous even on it's own! :) But Last Friday Night is gorgeous! I have Teenage Dream and love it. Great post! :)

    http://stephsbeautyboutique.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my sweet!! :D Ohhh I love Teenage Dream! :D xx

      Delete
  6. I loved the look of Katy's polish line when it came out, nice nail look! The filthy gorgeous polish is a lovely colour xx

    ashneexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm in love with both of the colours! :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Such a gorgeous combination! I'm loving blue nails at the moment and this is just such a pretty look! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I LOVE blue nails!! Blue and coral are usually my colours! Love them! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. So pretty! Funnily enough I am also wearing an OPI blue at the moment in Yodel Me On My Cell, which I love. Love the new euro centrale can't find my czech book shade too - can't go wrong with OPI and glitter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love that Euro collection SO MUCH!! I need them all in my life! :) Thank you for your comment, I love Yodel Me On My Cell!
      xx

      Delete
  9. I am loving all the sparkly polishes I'm seeing everywhere nowadays. This OPI is amazing. Love OPI, love Katy Perry, love this look.

    xoxo
    Rachel
    http://www.artofblank.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - you're so sweet!! :D I'm a sucker for anything sparkly! :D I loooove Katy perry too! :)
      xxx

      Delete
  10. Wow, what an impressive OPI nail polish collection! I recently won the Mariah Carey Mini Liquid Sand Collection in a giveaway and I can't wait to try them out! Your nail polish application looks so precise. Do you have any tips for applying polish neatly?

    Thanks so much!

    Hanna from: http://themissbeautysaverblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥