Thursday 24 January 2013

SPENDING BAN UPDATE 2

The first week was a breeze. And then it got tough.
I'm usually pretty good at staying clear of spending, but this week as been bad. It's only been 19 days and I've crashed and burned.
Now I don't have a legit excuse for this, but I do have something that influenced me to spend. Luckily though my lovely and amazing boyfriend has been treating me to bits to steer me clear of spending. But I've spent... Here's what I bought out of my own money..


  • Recently I participated in a blogger swap, so I had to buy a few bits for someone. A small limit was set.
  • I am doing a give away for all your lovely followers! However I can't afford a lot, so I've only got a few goodies for someone lucky.
  • I bought a top from Topshop in the sale. £10... Oh Hannah.
  • I treated myself to a few nail varnishes, came to £7.
Technically I spent £17 on myself. And why? Because I've needed cheering up. This isn't an excuse, I know. I lost very close family member to cancer at an early age this month and to cheer me up I've been spending. Writing this actually makes me feel so disappointed in myself, and I know it's not a valid reason. My lovely boyfriend has been so supportive and has been cheering me up when he can. I also took a week of Uni because of this which again led me to treating myself.
The £17 I have spent I am actually going to match and donate to a Cancer charity after the spending ban is over. which makes me feel a little better about spending what I did. I really hope that the others out there doing this haven't spent yet and indeed I intend to spend no more! 
I just wanted to say a thank you to all the people following my blog and supporting me through this Spending Ban, like I am with many others of you. Let me know below what you think of my spend and how you're getting on yourself! Thank you so much for reading - I hope this motivated you to put the pounds away!

20 comments:

  1. Ahhh! It was lovely of you to give money to cancer charity! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Made me feel a little better for spending! :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi lovely :) how did you get involved in a blog swap? id love to do one.

    Love Emily xx

    http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been and gone now unfortunately :/ But some bloggers do one. I'm thinking about doing one soon so I'll let you know first if I do! :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Don't worry about the slip up hun, its not worth focusing on and £17 isn't THAT much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the most I could've spent - But I was doing so well! :P

      Delete
  4. I definitely need to give this spending ban a go! :/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! So many other Bloggers are doing it and supporting each other :) xx

      Delete
  5. Its only a little bit of money - so don't feel bad x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true! Still wish I didn't! Never mind, ey! :) xx

      Delete
  6. So tough isnt it!! I was on a spending ban last year, and actually went 6 months without buying any makeup or skincare products, except for makeup remover which I ran out of....I was so proud of myself. I think I need to do it again soon....

    Great blog, im a new follower.

    I have an INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY on my blog, hope you will enter;
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 months?! THAT'S dedication!! Well done!! :D
      Thank you so much, I can't wait to see your blog too.
      x

      Delete
  7. I don't gives count :) I'm doing a spending ban too but I've had to buy for birthdays and blogger exchanges too. That's very kind of you to donate the same money you spent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I thought it'd be a nice idea, and it's really made me feel better for spending when I can help others :) x

      Delete
  8. I need to go on a spending ban as well! I'm probably always browsing through online stores every day and happen to make a purchase at least once per week... Also, thanks for checking out my blog. I love yours too!

    http://dreamdustx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too late to join in with us! :D And one purchase a week sounds like a good idea! Thank you so much :)
      xxx

      Delete
  9. I thought that was so sweet when you said whatever you spent you're going to match to give to charity. That's amazing Hannah, don't be too hard on yourself. Definitely a valid reason. I bought stuff the other day because I really needed cheering up, if it helps then it's fine :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm glad you have the same spending urges! Thank you so much for your support, so lovely of you :)
      xxx

      Delete
  10. Sorry to hear about your loss. I think it is a lovely idea matching what you spent and giving it to charity. Don't beat yourself up about the slip up just get back on track. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it's the least I could do! Now back on track! :) x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥